The project Nonliving Stakeholders was selected as one of the top 10 finalists for the Progress Prize among the 200 projects in Global Grad Show, and it was finally highlighted as honourable mentions!
Thanks so much to the jury members and a futures researcher Jack Wilkinson who gave the wonderful presentation in the venue.
The Progress Prize is an international award that celebrates the next generation of design and is awarded to one Global Grad Show exhibitor each year. The winning design is selected by a global jury from fields of journalism, design, manufacturing, innovation, and investment. The multidisciplinary nature of the jury is intended to reflect the varied assortment of partners necessary to take a project from prototype to market.
For the 2017 Progress Prize, the jury members are:
- Her Highness Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum -Vice-Chairman of the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Head of the Jury)
- Mohammad Saeed Al Shehhi – CEO of Dubai Design District (d3)
- Edwin Heathcoate – Architecture and Design critic, The Financial Times
- Noah Murphy-Reinhertz – NXT Space Sustainability Leader, Nike
- Aric Chen – Lead Curator, Design and Architecture, M+ museum
- Petra Janssen – Owner and designer, Studio Boot and Social Label
- Hugo Macdonald – Design Critic and Consultant
- Jessica Bland – Head of Research and Foresight, Dubai Future Foundation